Madeo is a mission-driven creative digital agency, determined to help meaningful companies and organizations through design, strategy, storytelling, and technology.
As a team of fifteen strategists, writers, designers, and web developers, we collaborate with client team members on projects, marketing programs, and even by taking on defined roles within our client teams. That’s how we have created successful brands, websites, apps, and campaigns.
We don’t join one industry or one type of company, because we think well-rounded people are more interesting and produce better work. That’s why we join diverse brands, startups, and nonprofits. Some of our client collaborations include the Innocence Project, the Equal Justice Initiative, Partnership for New York City, Echoing Green, zkipster, Levi’s, and the NBA.
We’re now on a mission to make a bigger impact. This is where you come in. As our Business Development Associate, you will focus on expanding our new business efforts, helping us partner and collaborate with more remarkable clients that align with Madeo’s values.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience within a creative agency, design studio, or a closely-related professional services agency.
- Demonstrated track record of bringing on new business within a similar field.
- Interest and experience in digital projects, such as websites, apps, and online campaigns.
- Genuine interest in the relationships between design, technology, storytelling, and good user experiences.
- Attention to detail and genuine appreciation for the quality of your work. You believe that the quality of every detail in your work matters and reflects on Madeo’s standards.
- Appreciation for good team collaboration. Your success will rely on collaborating with everyone on the team in order to produce exceptional proposals, case studies, projects, and ongoing collaborations.
- Comfort with speaking publicly on behalf of Madeo at client meetings and on calls.
- The role is intended to be full-time, based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, but it can also be structured as a contract role, depending on the right candidate.
Some of your responsibilities
- Research relevant companies and organizations with the potential for becoming Madeo clients.
- Connect with prospect clients through appropriate outreach. Madeo approaches relationships in a thoughtful and meaningful way. We prefer to work with a select few remarkable clients rather than a large number of less-than-ideal engagements.
- Take responsibility for new business emails, introductory phone calls, and new business meetings.
- Coordinate related collateral production, such as case studies and proposals.
- Support the agreement process in collaboration with the CEO.
- Research, understand and articulate prospect client needs.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other team members on Business Development projects and initiatives, such as the website blog, events, workshops, and communication campaigns.
- Depending on your interest and skill sets, there may be opportunities to expand your responsibilities within areas related to client relations or other areas within Madeo.
- Work from our beautiful space in DUMBO, Brooklyn
- Team potlucks, movie screenings, and get-togethers
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Generous paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Matched 401k program
- Discretionary 401k profit-sharing bonuses
- Commuter Benefits
- Summer Fridays