Backend Drupal Engineer
Madeo is an award winning creative agency with a focus on social impact. We are an inclusive and diverse team of strategists, designers, writers, and web developers. We value mission-driven work that relies on empathy, analytical thinking, and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience developing websites in Drupal 8 and 9.
- Experience in building Drupal 9 modules & themes.
- Strong experience with version control Git.
- Strong experience with REST API integrations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English language).
- Able to maintain linux distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu) through CLI.
- Enjoy working remotely with a reliable work-from-home setup.
- Enjoy working as part of a team with other engineers.
What we’re looking for
- Ability and interest to communicate with and work with client teams.
- Experience with developing websites in WordPress (Gutenberg) in addition to Drupal.
- Experience with headless CMS setup.
- Experience with MVCs.
- Experience with configuring and deploying websites in Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Salesforce API integration.
- Interest in technical research and advancement of the field.
- Work with engineers and other team members on researching and scoping client requirements for new website projects
- Investigate and test content migration from the client’s existing CMS to the new website’s decided CMS and version
- Work with other team members on defining CMS features for the new website
- Develop and integrate static (front-end) pages and features with the CMS
- Integrate defined third-party API tools with the website (e.g. Mailchimp, Salesforce, Formstack..etc.)
- Carry out initial Quality Assurance testing for your own work
- Take the lead on content mass migration between old to new websites
- Contribute to CMS and technical documentation for client teams
- Help deploy the new website within the client hosting
- Take the lead on post-launch support requests, resolving reported issues, carrying out updates and improvements
- Participate in team-wide side projects, research initiatives, and learning opportunities