This internship opportunity is for someone who wants to explore modern online communication tools and skills that help motivate people to take action.
Madeo is a creative digital agency determined to help meaningful companies and organizations engage better with people.
If you have visited our website, seen our work, and read our stories, you might notice how much emphasis we put on diversity and collaboration. If you believe these are ingredients for better companies, and better communities, then you might find yourself right at home.
As a diverse team of fourteen strategists, designers, and engineers, we collaborate with our client teams on a daily basis to help them grow faster and smarter. We sometimes even take on client team roles, creating an entirely new kind of team. That’s how we have created successful brands, websites, apps, and online campaigns. Our clients include Levi’s, Innocence Project, the NBA, Equal Justice Initiative, and many more.
About the internship
You will work with meaningful clients and Madeo projects to elevate how organizations communicate and engage with people.
You will get hands-on professional experience in researching a diverse range of topics, copywriting and copyediting in different mediums, managing content for websites, and supporting Madeo’s communication strategy. You may contribute to blogs, email campaigns, and social media.
You will learn by shadowing and working directly with strategists, designers, and other team members. You will also become familiar with professional tools used for content management, project management, and team collaboration.
Here are some examples of what you would typically learn and support through your work:
- Conduct research on a variety of topics related to clients and help validate decisions and strategies.
- Write, edit, and manage content for websites, blogs, apps, and special campaigns.
- Write for social media, online advertising, and marketing emails.
- Analyze user behavior and engagement through tools like Google Analytics and create reports of noteworthy insights.
- Occasionally conduct informal user testing or help create surveys and summarize key findings.
- Contribute blog posts relevant to our work and related topics, if interested.
Curious to learn more about interning at Madeo? Read quick reflections from past interns:
- This is a paid full-time internship, but can be part-time depending on the accepted candidate’s availability.
- Candidate must be able to work from our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
- The spring internship starts on January 7th and ends in April or May depending on the intern’s schedule. Exact dates may be adjusted with the accepted candidate.
- The internship is open to current students and college graduates, and interns may receive academic credit if applicable.
- Applicants under consideration will be invited to an in-person interview at Madeo.
How to apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until December 14th, 2018. Our simple application takes minutes to complete. If you are considered for the internship, you will receive an email from us within 1 to 10 work days. Please no phone calls, recruiting services, or follow up emails.